20080120

The Main Line

.
TEROCIOUS - 8 random things about me.
.
.
*In fourth grade I fell deeply in love with Veronica Szabo. I knew she loved me too because on Valentines Day she gave out little cards to the whole class but I was the only one to receive a purple lollipop with my valentine. I swore I would never eat it. About a week later I got really sick with a fever and delirium. I thought for sure I was going to die so I ate Veronica’s lollipop.

*I was a founding member of KITUS, a theatre company which has morphed into an excellent training facility for young and old actors. They also continue to mount daring and original performances.

*My cousin Denise trained police dogs when I was growing up. Occasionally we would be at her house visiting and two or more of her dogs would get into a spontaneous row. On one such incident I was standing right next to Cruiser, a rottweiler when he decided to go after one of the shepherds. Cruiser locked his teeth on the other and the shepherd was screaming in pain. Denise, who was on the other side of the room, pointed at the wood pile next to me and shouted “hit him”! I must have looked at her like a deer that was caught in the high beams because she slowly but still with great force enunciated “PICK UP A LOG AND HIT HIM.” I did so, only letting the split quarter of a log fall with the force of its own weight on Cruisers head. He let go of the Shepherd and shook out his head exactly like in the Bugs Bunny cartoons. Suddenly everything was back to normal. It was as if there had been no fight at all.

*I have had many dreams where everything is lit as though in full daylight but the sky is pitch black.

*When I was around twelve, and my mother and I were returning home from my aunts on the star lit back roads of rural Delaware, we saw a fireball come down from the sky and land in a field behind a stand of trees.

*I have been searching for years for just the right tool belt. A well laid out belt speeds the work and makes any project more pleasurable and productive. The one I have now is large but when worn with leather suspenders it is a well balanced and comfortable rig.

*I was lucky enough to own an Atari 800 around the time when they were first released. I was 14 years old at the time. My mother was single and I am sure she had to give up a lot to buy it for me. Thank you again Mom, I learned a lot on that machine.

*I live in a renovated 1 room schoolhouse that was built by John H. Hudson in 1883.
.
***********************************************
.
Jane from the Jericho Monster Tagged me for the 8 random things MEME.
.
Here are the rules:
.
1. Let others know who tagged you.
.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged..
.
I get the viral aspect of this but I think tagging 8 folks is excessive.
.
I hereby Tag SaveJake, Ichthus and Alpha99wolf. They are all from the CBS Jericho messageboard.
.
I will be happy to host their 8's right here on this blog and the 8's of those they choose to tag and the 8's of their choices and so on...
.
-b

4 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Now that is just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!

SaveJake said...

You are so funny and interesting...Thank you for sharing! Your home sounds like something to see. Give me a little time to think...! :)

Anonymous said...

This was so interesting to read and I love getting to know more about you. About this tag thing..I just found out I was tagged by you now...hahah...okay I will have to list the 8 things....thank you....I'm totally not as interesting as you......hahaha
alpha99wolf

AmyV said...

I love the dog story. And the lollipop story. :-)