20080122

The Main Line

.
.
Alpha99Wolf - 8 random things
.
.
1. I'm devoted to animals, especially wolves, & the elderly who deserve our respect; will defend both.
.
.
2. Quit smoking December 3, 2007. Started exercising & am doing great.
.
.
3. I love "Tigger" from Winnie-the-Pooh.
.
.
4. Won 3rd prize in extemporaneous speaking event at Cobo Hall in Detroit.
.
.
5. Collect dolls, glass animals, stuffed animals, old books (like "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Ernest Hemingway, "Dick & Jane & Spot," etc.) postcards, (anything sentimental ) etc. History is sacred to me. If we don't pay attention to history, it will repeat itself. Its lessons contain wisdom for the present & future.
.
.
6. Love to read, especially autobiographies/biographies of people who overcame obstacles in their life, along with metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical, psychology books. Value the wisdom of the Native American Indian along with Christianity. Would like to write my own book someday.
.
.
7. Watercolor painting is a hobby of mine.
.
.
8. My son was a strong-willed child. It came in handy during teen years when his strong will avoided drugs, drinking and trouble. He turned out great & I'm proud of him. My greatest career was being fortunate to stay home with him for 9 years. Loved being a "domestic engineer."
.
.
I am tagging these 6 people....8 is a little tough.....steve6960, schumi07, delana201, dbalcer1, judist63, nightbird47.
.
Terocious' note: I will be happy to host any of your 8 random things as well. Feel free to contact me through the CBS board or at the link below and we will arrange things from there.
.

.

5 comments:

terocious said...

Hey Wolfie,

I love old books as well. I especialy love the smell of them. If I could have a cologne which smelled like that I would. I am also very fond of old postcards. The colors are always wonderful. Thanks for playing. I am sure your son is a teriffic man.

-b

Anonymous said...

Terocious, I thank you for the beautiful picture of the wolves. I am totally stunned that you also have my Ernest Hemingway Book with the cover on the page also. This is wonderful! That story touched my heart forever. Your comments are appreciated, and I thank you for your work on this Jericho Junction site. It is great.
alpha99wolf

SaveJake said...

Very cool Alpha! Thanks for sharing. I too love old books...I think the smell and feel of them is comforting in some way. Always knew you're a very interesting lady!

Anonymous said...

I think little nuggets like these shows how much more interesting we are than an entire resume of accomplishments can ever do. Thank you for sharing, Wolfie.

Anonymous said...

SaveJake & Ichthus, thank you. I hope to hear about both of you and others. You are right about old books, as you've all said, they have a special historical scent, a cologne all their own. They are comforting. Things from the past have an energy of importance all their own. alpha99wolf